- About Ag Day
- Plan an event
- Promote Ag Day
- For Educators/Students
2016 National Ag Day Art Contest Rules & Guidelines
Official Topic: “Agriculture: Stewards of a Healthy Planet”
Section I - General Information
The National Ag Day Poster Art contest is designed to showcase the talents of young artist who share a passion for modern agriculture. A winning original piece of art will be chosen as the Official National Ag Day poster. The contest is open to all amateur artists enrolled in high school or college.
Judging will be conducted under the direction of the Board of Directors.
Contest theme: Agriculture: Stewards of a Healthy Planet
Section II – Awards
- The winning entry will be published as the official National Ag Day Poster
- The winning artist will receive $1,000 scholarship sponsored by Meredith Agrimedia.
- Artwork and profile of the artist will be prominently featured in Successful Farming magazine and Ag Day correspondence. Media releases will also be sent to all Ag Day sponsors and supporters.
- Prints will be on display during the Ag Day events in DC.
Section III – Rules
- The file format of all entries must be a PDF submitted via photograph or scan of the original art. Original art can be any medium. Please do not frame your original art. Original art should be no smaller than 8” x 10”.
- Winning artwork will include themes celebrating modern agriculture in the United States and in the spirit of the current Ag Day theme.
- To submit the entry, visit http://agday.leapfile.net and follow the directions as guided on the page, OR the entry may be DVD or CD and mailed to: 2016 Ag Day Poster Contest, Agricultural Council of America, 11020 King St., Ste. 205, Overland Park, KS 66210
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form. If entry is uploaded at http://agday.leapfile.net, please submit an accompanying entry form to http://agday.leapfile.net in Word or PDF format. If the entry is burned to a DVD or CD and mailed to the address above, please include an accompanying entry form within the package. Please submit entry via mail or upload site – not both. Entry forms are available to download at http://agday.org/. Entries must be received at the address listed above no later than midnight CST, October 30, 2015.
- The ACA cannot confirm receiving entries sent via email.
- Entry must have been done in 2015. Each student should submit only one entry.
- Each entry will be judged on the originality of concept, presentation, adherence to the theme, design technique and total impact.
- Failure to adhere to the rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Ag Council.
- All entries become the property of the Agriculture Council of America.
- Contestants must be a U.S. citizen. Contestants must meet all requirements to compete.
- Entries must not violate any copyrights or trademarks.
Section IV – Judging
Students must be in high school or college in the United States.
Section V – Timeline
- August 3 – Contest open for entrants
- October 30 – All entrants due
- December 1 - Winner Notified
- December 31 – Official posters available for distribution