- About Ag Day
- Plan an event
- Promote Ag Day
- For Educators/Students
March 21st marks National Agriculture Day, a time when producers, agricultural associations, corporations, universities, government agencies and countless others across America gather to recognize and celebrate the abundance provided by agriculture.
Why would individuals involved in agriculture volunteer time and energy to celebrate National Ag Day? If you're reading this, that question is probably moot! Like you, the Agriculture Council of America and its supporters are committed to increasing public awareness about American agriculture. As the world population soars, there is even greater demand for the food and fiber produced in the United States.
The National Ag Day program believes that every American should:
- understand how food, fiber and renewable resource products are produced.
- value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy.
- appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products.
- acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food, fiber and renewable resource industries.
- Teaching about Agriculture
- The Importance of Ag Literacy
- Careers in Agriculture
- Fun Facts
- Reading List
- WWW Sites
Printed Items for the Classroom
Order materials for your classroom!
Order online now.