Timeline and Checklist
Two-Three months in advance
- Identify audience and message - decide on whom you’d like your event to be focused.
- Contact organizations or groups with whom you’d like to partner or work.
- Begin assembling committee members.
- Develop preliminary budget and ideas for achieving the budget (fundraising/donations).
- Hold your first committee meeting and identify what type of event you’d like to host. Assign
responsibilities that need immediate attention.
- Make arrangements with necessary facilities or location.
- Sign any necessary contracts or paperwork to formalize your plans.
One month in advance
- Check in with your committee on their progress. Assign additional tasks as needed.
- Confirm your plans with participating groups and site location.
Two Weeks in advance
- Remind committee members and other volunteers of the place and time.
- Assign someone to photograph the event. See our tips on photography.
- Prepare-and send-materials to local media. Follow up by telephone with key editors to ensure
- HOLD EVENT AND ENJOY!
Following the event
- Send additional press releases/photos to media contacts.
- Seek commitments from committee members for next year’s event.
- Send recap/clipping to the Agriculture Council of America